Through our four programs—Crossroads Healthcare Clinic, Kinship Support Services, Laramie County Head Start, and Self-Sufficiency—lives are being changed and improved every single day.
Community Action of Laramie County (CALC) is a leader dedicated to reducing poverty in Laramie County by empowering people to achieve self-sufficiency through education, advocacy, intervention, and community partnerships.
Community Action changes people’s lives, embodies the spirit of hope, improves communities, and makes America a better place to live.
When we say we’re making a difference in our community… here’s what that looks like!
- Our Head Start program serves over 200 preschool children every year.
- Through the Intensive Case Management Program, Self-Sufficiency provides a limited number of qualified individuals with services based on individual needs.
- Our temporary housing operates 23 units, serving 35+ individuals annually.
- Through the VA Bridge Housing Program, we operate four housing units that annually serve 32 homeless veterans.
- Each year, Crossroads Healthcare Clinic encounters more than 2,000 homeless and low-income men, women, and children, and assists more than 1,000 persons in need with medical care and case management services.
- Kinship Support Services provides support to approximately 50 older relative caregivers and assists with the filing of 70 temporary guardianship papers each year.
Board of Directors
Judy Collins - Board Chair
Paula Scott - Vice Chair
Denise Steele - Secretary
Linda Woodard - Treasurer
Questions for a specific program? Want to learn more about what we do?