Through our four programs—Crossroads Healthcare Clinic, Kinship Support Services, Laramie County Head Start, and Self-Sufficiency—lives are being changed and improved every single day.
Community Action of Laramie County (CALC) is dedicated to eliminating poverty by empowering people through education, advocacy, crisis intervention, and by providing opportunities toward self-sufficiency.
Community Action changes people’s lives, embodies the spirit of hope, improves communities, and makes America a better place to live.
When we say we’re making a difference in our community… here’s what that looks like!
- Our Head Start program serves approximately 300 preschool children every year.
- Through the Intensive Case Management Program, Self-Sufficiency provides a limited number of qualified individuals with services based on individual needs.
- Our temporary housing operates 23 units, serving 35+ individuals annually.
- Through the VA Bridge Housing Program, we operate four housing units that annually serve 32 homeless veterans.
- Each year, Crossroads Healthcare Clinic encounters more than 2,000 homeless and low-income men, women, and children, and assists more than 1,000 persons in need with medical care and case management services.
- Kinship Support Services provides support to approximately 50 older relative caregivers and assists with the filing of 70 temporary guardianship papers each year.
Board of Directors
Judy Collins • Interim Chair and Treasurer
Don McMillin • Vice Chair
Denise Steele • Secretary
Questions for a specific program? Want to learn more about what we do?